Search This Blog

Saturday 29 September 2018

Update September 29th 2018

After much help and advice from Dave and all the team at Kingfisher Kustoms, http://www.kingfisherkustoms.co.uk, finally got all the parts that are needed to get up to a rolling chassis.


The list provided by Chesil was incomplete. I will publish my final parts list once I'm done, even though I think it is a complete list now, I bet there is still some stuff missing!


I found this picture that was an originally a VW add that shows all the parts needed to build a Beetle. 














The front suspension is on and my back is still in one piece! 

6th October

After a lot of head scratching , finally got the rear arms in, what caused me the grief was the incorrect drawing in the Haynes manual.  

The diagram in the manual shows the spaces on either side where as the text in the manual says both spacers on the one side.



For those readers with any experience of the VW suspension it's obvious, for those that are learning it wasn't!






No comments:

Post a Comment