Search This Blog

Friday 2 April 2021

Update March 31st 2021

With IVA complete, all the rubber "bits" have been removed and my jobs have been focused on final trimming...plus an annoying carb issue

Fitted Headlight grills



Convertible Hood

This turned out to be a bigger job than I expected. Firstly I needed to make a couple of clips to hold the rear frame bar.

 clip to hold the rear frame bar.

Front catches then needed to be fitted to the windscreen frame. The catch positioned in the centre required a recess to be ground out in order to accept the vertical bar holding the rear view mirror. Another job for the Dremel.


Recess cut out the back one of the pieces

Recess cut out the back one of the piece


Attaching the catches required drilling holes through the frame and praying that I didn't catch the glass, which according to Goose at Chesil (Westfield) has happened a few times.
.

Catches in place

The GRP front rail which sits on top of the windscreen was then attacked with my Dremel and a fairly rough sanding wheel. It needed a lot of material removed before it would fit. Once finished I gave it a bit of a tidy and a coat of paint and clear lacquer.


Area that will take the glue was masked out prior to painting



Setting up and gluing onto the front rail, just needs patience but another pair of hands would have helped!.


I added some trim to the leading edge just to finish off.





Carburettor Issues

I have a reoccurring issue with one of the carbs, even after stripping, cleaning and resetting the floats it is still leaking fuel when the engine isn't running. Got to take it for repair, I'm out of ideas.

DVLA Registration

I naively thought that once the IVA test was done, it was easy. Well silly me. Registration requires numerous forms and support documentation, thanks goes to Mark at Westfield for invaluable guidance.

Next Jobs

  • Finish Hood
  • Fit luggage rack
  • Fit remaining badges
  • Fit bonnet handle
  • Fit steering wheel
  • Refit Carb 



No comments:

Post a Comment