Search This Blog

Wednesday 28 April 2021

Update April 28th 2021

 

Hood all complete

The hood fit completed. A bit of care and attention on trimming the excess material and vinyl edge has paid dividends. Car look better without the hood, but living in the UK, its essential!! I have ordered a cover for the hood, which will make it look a lot tidier when folded down.



Front Bonnet Handle

I have fitted the front bonnet handle, it required drilling out the hood which meant I had to peel back some of the leather trim that had been fitted under the bonnet. Should have thought about that earlier!. Just need to fit badge once it arrives.


Badges

I had the front and rear "Porsche" badges powder coated in the purple highlight colour that has been used on the rest of the car and have been fitted to the front and rear. I also had a new badge 3D printed for use under the hood. (see next section)

Under bonnet cover

I made some templates for a set of covers to go under the front bonnet.  I ended up with a main cover plus templates for trimming up the sides. Final cover and side trims have been made from scrim foam covered with a vinyl. Speedster logo on the electrics cover was 3D printed and then painted.



Steering wheel

The old VW steering wheel needed for IVA test has been removed and replaced with a nice item I sourced in the US a few years ago. I have the rim trimmed with the same leather as used in the seats.



Luggage Rack

Fitted the luggage rack that I got off eBay, two brackets bolted inside the lid. I have also fitted 4 self tappers through the grill cover to hold it in place.

Carburettor update

Long running saga of the leaking carburettor. Its annoying that it leaks under no pressure. I have even had it leaking on my bench being gravity fed from a bottle. 

My current theory is that because the carbs sit at a 2-3 degree angle, sloping towards the front of the car, the standard float setting whilst providing the correct level of fuel to be in the reservoir when the carbs are level, on this car with the 2-3 degree slope the fuel may be too high at one end and may well be the source of the problem. I'm off to to have another adjustment on the bench and try out my theory.

UPDATE - nothing to do with the mount angle, so it went back to the supplier, they have replicated the leak, but like me don't understand where its coming from!!!!

DVLA Registration

I'm still waiting for the necessary registration documents to come back from the DVLA. 

Next time

Full picture set of finished car and hopefully rolling road tuning results

No comments:

Post a Comment