Search This Blog

Monday 17 May 2021

Build diary Porsche 356 Speedster Chesil replica - Final post May 17th 2021

End of the build process

The car is now fully and correctly registered as a Chesil Speedster πŸ˜€

Whilst I have thoroughly enjoyed all (nearly all) the build process, it has not been without some challenges. There was no accurate build manual which really didn't help, lots of undocumented issues that are "known" to the Chesil team but not documented and the wiring loom was to be polite, lacking! Most parts don't fit out the box, thank god for my Dremel and grinding wheels and I really underestimated how much research is needed to pull the build together.

The good news for future builders is that since I started Westfield has taken over of Chesil and I'm sure given time will sort out a decent level of documentation to support the amateur builder. 

A big thank you goes out to Goose at Chesil now Westfield who was a great source of information when needed.

An update on the carbs. The lesson is buy original Weber's not Chinese copies!!!

"Finished" Car







Build Photos

I have gathered together a few of my favourite pictures of the build process which I hope you enjoy.















Next Job

A bigger garage!!!





9 comments:

  1. Beautiful biuld. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have earned the right to be very smug! It's beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your nice comments, very much appreciated..

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi just found this site, awesome build, v envious, I’m building a ‘Pilgrim’ version. Just up to bodywork stage, hopefully road ready next year. Nice oneπŸ˜ƒπŸ‘πŸ»

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello I have a rusted 356 A speedster
    I’m looking for someone to build me a chassis do you know anyone? My email is FUTRIBE1@yahoo.com. Sam

    ReplyDelete